Saturday, January 16, 2010

Recipe Request

So as my days of a housewife, I have been cooking most of our meals. Luckily my husband is easy to satisfy with waffles. Waffles are one of his favorites, topped with lots of butter, crunchy peanut butter, and lots of syrup. Box mixes run around $3 or $4 and making it from scratch is so cheap. I found a recipe that I use all the time now and don't think I will ever make it out of a box again! So here is my recipe:

Pancake and Waffle Mix

In one bowl, sift together the following:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar

In a second bowl, whisk together the following:
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons oil for pancakes or 4 tablespoons oil for waffles

Whisk the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients, but be sure not to over mix or the finished product will be tough.

This recipe makes about 5 waffles on my waffle iron and I have not made pancakes because my husband will not eat pancakes. I try to tell him the only difference is presentation of the final product, but he won't budge. Enjoy and let me know how the recipe works for you.

No comments: