Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August 19th



I have been thinking about my blog a lot the past week and I know that I have been neglecting it. I still enjoy reading about other peoples’ lives and how their stories are unfolding. It is like reading a good book! I find that sometimes I can not seem to stop and then I am disappointed when I am completely caught up and have to wait for another post. I guess I need to slow down and let God do his work in everyone’s life and quit trying to rush it.

From this I am reminded that right now there are still a lot of things to come for John and me. We have been married for a little over three months now (3 months and 9 days to be exact) and I realize that our lives are simple now. I know that we need to enjoy the time that we have together and the simplicity of our lives as they are right now. Thanks be to the Lord for giving us this time! I know that life will take off for us and we will miss this time.

I guess right now I want to answer a question. What is our marriage?
It’s staying in bed late on Saturdays just to be together. It’s burnt dinner or in my case salty chicken and staying up late to finish a whole season of Friends. It’s the joy that I feel when I have cooked something well and it was not too salty for him. :) It’s running all over town together searching for the perfect item to purchase – in order to get the best deal of course. It’s the car rides on rode trips when we seem to have the most time to talk. It’s holding each other in hard times. It’s taking comfort in knowing he is home when I get there. It’s that kiss hello and the good-bye kiss in the morning. It’s the mornings that I stop him just to get a hug and when he takes the time even though he is running late. It’s the little texts during the day that simply say that he was thinking about me or that he loves me. It’s the ever constant reminder that is on my left hand that reminds me of his love. It’s loving each other despite our flaws. It’s wondering what life is going to be like for us in the future. And it’s us talking about all of our hopes and dreams for the future.

While these are some of our joys, I am reminded that it is not perfect. It’s dealing with the “worse” that the pastor talks about in the wedding ceremony and trying to remember to rejoice in the “better.” And it is trying to be better in handling those “worse” that may come our way. I hope that we learn better how to handle each other in moments of heated debate and continue to trust in the lord to lead us in our newlywed years and in the many more to follow.

I am out of words for now and I am reminded that I have yet to spend anytime with my husband tonight. So I leave you with my thoughts and I am headed to the living room to be with my husband. May the Lord continue to bring you joy and peace!

No comments: