I was surprised when I got off work Friday to find him in the parking lot waiting to take me to lunch. I think Thursday night was the first night we have spent apart since we got married, and I was happy to see him home when I got off.
We drove down to San Antonio on Friday and stayed until Sunday and then came back to San Angelo to repack and head to Robert Lee to go hunting. I was so worn out that I decided to just get a different suit case and start over, instead of trying to unpack and repack (Both suit cases are lying in the living room floor in front of me right now).
We headed up to the ranch and John spent the rest of Sunday getting the jeeps ready to go out on Monday. It ended up being another late night, but I did manage to sleep in a little. Monday we (John, me, and his parents) set out to go to the gun range. John and I had been looking forward to shooting our new .40 S & W pistol and as always, I enjoy shooting our over priced 22 rifle. The new pistol ended up being difficult for me to pull the trigger, so it was not my favorite gun to shoot. Lucky for me John didn't care for it either, so we will be looking to trade it for something else.
The rest of the afternoon was spent putting up decoys around a watering hole for the dove hunt later and then riding around the ranch looking for the elk and any other game. It turned out to be toooooo hot to see anything and I would have gladly welcomed a swimming pool by that time. I was left a little burned and drained from the sun.
We went out in the evening for my first dove and and I am proud to say that with my first shot, I took one down. John was next to me and saw it, but I do think he was a little surprised. It was really a lot of fun for me. I kept having flash backs of playing Duck Hunt on Nintendo when I was little, except you really didn't have unlimited shots. All in all it was a very good day and a nice Labor Day weekend.
John did mention that it was his first time hunting with a wife and when
I asked him how it was, he said was kind of weird because he had never done it. It is amazing how we see things differently now. I have been hunting with him for almost four years now, but it is still different to us. Here is a few pictures from this weekend.
Here is one additional photo. John received his diploma in the mail last week and I gave him his frame tonight to frame it. This would be him pretending to kiss it! We are both so proud that he is finished with school for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment