Monday, September 21, 2009

Great Weekend

Well John got home Friday morning!!! He slept most of the day because he had been up all night working, but I was just happy to have him home. John has been on a cinnamon roll kick so I took the time while he was sleeping to go make cinnamon rolls from scratch. I was concerned that they would flop because they had yeast in them, but they turned out great!
We ended up grilling and hanging out with the neighbors for the night. We made stuffed jalapenos, burgers stuffed with cheese, and sweet potato fries. Everything turned out yummy!
We slept late Saturday and spent the rest of the day lounging around the house watching movies. Sunday we had a late breakfast at Perkins and John took me to a movie. We saw The Time Travelers Wife. John slept through some of it but it was nice to get out of the house. Then for dinner I made chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes. The chicken fried steak turned out great and the recipe was courtesy of the Neely's (Food Network) and the cream gravy turned out after two attempts, but I did it!

No comments: